Sheffield Council’s objective was to maintain the smooth and efficient running of heating systems across residential housing estates.
The Council provide a low carbon heat source for the large residential Pedley Estate through its District Heating scheme. Anthesis was required to source funding to replace the heating system boilers.
Key services delivered
- Anthesis arranged SAP surveys at residents’ properties to determine their energy performance and calculate the level of carbon savings the upgrades would achieve
- This allowed us to determine the Council's eligibility for funding
- We accessed Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding using our unique Ofgem
- We completed the funding application and associated requirements
- Sheffield City Council were awarded over £100,000 in funding
- The Council were able to continue their heating system replacement work
- Residents benefited from more reliable and efficient heating and hot water
“We were pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of working with Anthesis which left us with more time to concentrate on our project. The level of funding received was beyond our expectations and a credit to Anthesis’ diligence and attention to detail”
- Diarmuid Egan, Project Officer, Sheffield City Council