The Directive provides a structured basis to identify and realise cost savings
ESOS is a mandatory assessment scheme in the UK, requiring large organizations to undertake energy efficiency audits every four years. ESOS is driven by the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) so there are equivalent schemes across all EU member states. The scheme incorporates all organizational energy consumption from buildings, industrial processes and transport.ESOS Phase 2 compliance
You need to comply with ESOS if your UK operations meet either of the following criteria on the qualification date of 31st December 2018:
- Employs more than 250 people
- Has an annual turnover in excess of €50m and a balance sheet over €43m
If you have operations throughout Europe we can develop a consolidated EED approach, identifying opportunities that can be rolled out across your organization to gain maximum benefit from the compliance process.
Our service offering
We apply a straightforward four stage approach to ensure that real benefit is derived from the ESOS process rather than just ticking the compliance box. We will propose tangible carbon and cost reductions that considerably outweigh the cost of the compliance process.
Why work with Anthesis
- We have significant experience and supported over 60 organizations during ESOS Phase 1
- Carbon and cost reductions that considerably outweigh the cost of the compliance process
- Implementation of accurately costed recommendations
- Support with access to funding streams
- Potential reimbursement of compliance programme cost on implementation of the measures
Start your compliance journey now
To comply with ESOS a 12 month period of energy consumption, incorporating 31st December 2018, is required for review. This means that you can ensure early compliance by starting now. Explore our dedicated page to learn more.