Galliford Try manage the facilities for two private finance initiative secondary schools.
In a time of rising energy prices the schools were keen to reduce running costs and carbon emissions, and to engage building users.
Application of the Anthesis total energy management service for schools to manage utilities, provide cost reductions and ongoing support, investment and advice.
Key services delivered
- Anthesis undertook an audit of the two schools and reviewed the electricity, gas and water usage
- Tailored a Carbon Management Action Plan (CMAP) for each school, outlining key carbon and water saving actions
- Monitoring equipment was installed to collect detailed energy data and allow for both analysis of consumption and the monthly reporting of savings
- Anthesis took over the Building Management System (BMS) service contract, with Boss Controls providing continuity on site
Key project outputs
- Anthesis installed insulation in the boiler rooms, optimised the BMS and worked with Boss Controls to upgrade equipment and identify further improvements
- Installed urinal control equipment, installed voltage optimisation and reviewed catering, ICT and small power equipment
- Anthesis created a behaviour change programme and increased the visibility of energy consumption in the schools
- Anthesis achieved large reductions in utility costs, compared to baseline
- Optimised BMS system
- 39,591,137 litres water saved (40% reduction)
- 20% electricity and 35% gas saved
- 1,890 tonnes of CO2e saved